Grandfamilies of Utah County is Totally Free to all Participants!!!
Grandfamilies are families in which grandparents or other relatives raise a relative’s child because the biological parents are unable or unwilling to do so. This is also known as kinship care.
The Grandfamilies Program is a support, advocacy, education, and crisis intervention program. The program focuses on providing information and support to kinship families in order to meet the children’s needs of safety and permanency.
Grandfamilies assists caregivers through the following services:
10-week classes providing education and support to adults, teens (ages 12-17) and children (ages 4-11).
- “Friend 2 Friend” monthly activities to facilitate social connections and provide ongoing support
- Needs-based therapy and guardianship assistance to help stabilize families
- Links to community resources to foster the best outcomes for children and families
Research shows that kinship care is good for kids! Children in kinship care experience:
- greater stability
- a more positive perception of their placement
- fewer behavioral problems
- fewer cultural disruptions
services are provided at no cost to its participants.
Grandfamilies next 10 week session start date is: Thursday Oct.5, 2017
For more information or to enroll, please contact Grandfamilies at:
(801) 373-4765 GrandfamiliesUC@wasatch.org
Grandfamilies is a cooperative program of United Way of Utah County, Wasatch Mental Health, and the Division of Child and Family Services.